Praise the Lord! 2022 was a GREAT year at Cross Pointe!!
2022 THEME - OWNERSHIP
Our theme for the year was Ownership and through sermon series, books, and personal action steps, we learned more about how we can own our:
- Identity in Christ
- Role in the World
WE GREW SPIRITUALLY
- Time in the Word
- We began the year by selling Devotional books in the Atrium for ladies, men, children, couples, and families.
- We were all encouraged to read through the Bible in 2022 and Daily Bible Reading schedules were made available.
- Our Preteens memorized the books of the Bible, traveled to see the “Jesus” production in Branson, and attended SuperStart in Tulsa.
- Pastor Larry faithfully taught us God’s Word through Sermon Series on:
- The Parables of Christ
- The Miracles of Jesus
- He challenged us with Writing Contests on:
- “The Greatest Miracle I’ve Ever Experienced”
- “My Testimony”
- Praise and Worship
- Our band and Praise Team led us in powerful praise and worship each week.
- We hosted the Hakuna Matata Children’s Choir from Kenya and experienced worship with those from a different culture.
- Our elementary children led in worship one Sunday as adults and children were able to experience worship together.
- 28 adults and children were baptized in 2 baptismal services as their first step of faith in following Jesus.
- Every child who was baptized completed a book on baptism, with their parents, in order to have a good understanding of salvation and baptism.
WE GREW NUMERICALLY
- Many in our church invited others to come with them and our church experienced great growth. Over 90 new people started attending and became involved in our church in 2022.
- Our average Sunday morning attendance grew by more than 100.
- 837 people were in attendance at 3 services and 2 helicopter egg drops on Easter Sunday.
- Little Fishers, a new ministry for 4 and 5-year-olds, was added to our Wednesday night events for kids.
WE BUILT RELATIONSHIP
- Our Women’s Ministry hosted the “Refresh, Restore, Retreat” for ladies at New Life Ranch in May and a very special Christmas Market in December.
- Our Young Adult Ministry took 2 trips, grew through their Thurs. night Bible studies, enjoyed Games Nights, and served through outreach in the community.
- Every person who came to our church in 2022 was encouraged to join one of our 36 Life Groups that studied, shared interests, or served together.
- Our Men’s Ministry hosted a special Saturday Morning Breakfast for the men of the church.
- We all had fun at the annual Fall Family Feast in November.
- We collected 100 bottles filled with coins for Choices Pregnancy Center.
- 45 people in our Student Ministry spent a week serving at Mission Arlington in Texas.
- Our Feeding the Homeless Life Group ministered through preparing and serving 3 meals a week to approximately 50 people in Fayetteville.
- The Hakuna Matata Choir, from Kenya, was in our services and several families began sponsoring kids.
- We gave away free Bibles on Easter.
- We had a Gideon speaker and gave $1,000 to buy Bibles.
- We collected many, many coats for the Navajo Indian Reservation.
- We added 3 ministries/missionaries to our Missions Budget.
- Everyone in our church was encouraged to take a Spiritual Gifts Inventory and on Volunteer Sunday, in August, we all found our places to serve as 305 people became volunteers.
- We collected 179 boxes for Operation Christmas Child in November.
- In December we once again ministered to the Saving Grace girls through our Giving Tree Christmas gifts.
- We partnered with Samaritan Ministries in Springdale and Life Source in Fayetteville to help feed and clothe those in need in our community.
- We collected many boxes and bags of non-perishable food for the City Hall Blessing Box.
- Our Preteens Served at Potter’s House and led a Jonah and the Whale service and Christmas Carnival for the Little Fishers.
WE WERE INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY
- Our church sponsored a Blood Drive and Lifeline Screening.
- We hosted our annual Freedom and Family Night with about 500 in attendance.
- Pastor Larry led in prayer for a Tontitown City Council meeting and at Rollins Elementary Teacher In-Service.
- In August we took lunch to all of the teachers at Rollins Elementary School.
- People in our church were intentional about attending city council and school board meetings.
- 2 people in our church ran for political office.
- We promoted Prayer in the Park each month.
- Volunteers from our church ran the games at the Rollins Elementary Fall Festival.
- Many from our church attended the annual Crisis Pregnancy Center banquets.
WE HAD FUN
- Everyone loved Freedom and Family Night with fireworks and food trucks on the church parking lot.
- Sundaes on Sunday cooled us down between services one Sunday in July.
- On Mother’s Day each lady in attendance received a gift.
- The Hawaiian Shirt Contest was fun on Father’s Day and every man received a gift.
- Our Children’s Ministry had great events for the kids which included a Daddy Daughter Dance, Family Fun Night and Outdoor Movie, Lego Night Reward Party, Worst Case Scenario Survival Experience, and great Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
- Our Student Ministry had a successful DNow Weekend, Gator Golf, and The Great Pretenders as well as their well-attended Sunday morning small groups and The Hype every Wednesday night.
- Pastor Larry and Rosanne hosted a Valentine Party for all of our Single Adults.
- We celebrated our church’s 17th Birthday with cake and punch.
- Pastor Larry encouraged us in giving financially to the Lord.
- We supported 6 missionary couples through our church budget.
- We sent monthly support to 2 local ministries to meet needs in our community.
- We blessed the Hakuna Matata Children’s Choir with a love offering of $3,200.
- Our 4th and 5th graders financially supported Ezra, a little boy in Uganda, through Childcare
- We held a Financial Peace University Life Group to help those in our church learn how to live debt-free and give generously.
- Our church gave $16,993 in our Birthday and Christmas Offerings which was all applied towards the principle on our Atrium loan.
- Our church Family gave an additional $237,382 above our regular offerings to help pay off the Atrium. This allowed us to reduce our debt to $845,777.
- Financially, we had the highest budget ($850,704) and giving ($940,920) in the history of our church!